Honour your body, grow your baby and learn how to maintain your fitness + strength levels in a way that supports YOU
Are you worried about working out safely during your pregnancy?
You’re used to being fit – perhaps going to the gym, HIIT training, running, hiking or going to classes – but are finding it harder to keep up with you normally do and know you’re going to have to eventually change it up.
Don’t keep working out like you’re used to. Certain things need to shift and adjust.
You want to be able to keep on going for as long as it feels good… but you’re thinking, “I’m pregnant. Now what do I do?”
Or perhaps you want to get back into exercise so that you know that you’re doing all that you can to get your body fit, strong + ready for your pregnancy journey.
But maybe you…
- Worry about exercising safely. You don’t want to do any lasting, lifelong damage to your core or pelvic floor
- Haven’t a clue about what you can or can’t do. How much is too hard or too long?
- Are unsure about the modifications you’ll need to make to your exercise routine as your body changes these next 9 months
- Want to know if you can still lift weights or what cardio can you do
- Wondering if you should carry on exercising if your energy levels take a dip
- Find pregnancy yoga and aquanatal classes “OK” for relaxation, but you still want to feel that you’ve actually worked those muscles and had a good workout
That’s why I created the FIT Mamas Pregnancy Exercise class.
I’ll help you to enjoy a more active pregnancy + labour preparation. I will teach you how to modify your workouts in a way that maintains your strength and fitness in a way that’s safe. And I’ll support you so that you can continue exercising effectively AND safely through both your second and third trimesters so you can come back quicker.
Led by an experienced, fully qualified pre + postnatal instructor, this is a specialised modern antenatal exercise class for mums-to-be who want to continue exercising throughout pregnancy.
Joining our friendly class will show you how to:
- Exercise correctly + safely during your trimesters
- Maintain good strength, fitness + energy levels as part of a healthy pregnancy
- Stay active to cope with the physical demands of labour
- Maintain a healthy weight during your pregnancy
- Lessen + manage the symptoms that can arise in pregnancy, such as lower back pain
- Reduce the risk of gestational diabetes
- Improve your sleep quality
- Meet other mums-to-be to make friends so that you’re part of a supportive community both now + when baby arrives
How is the FIT Mama Pregnancy Exercise Class different?
This class is designed to give you everything you need to keep fit + strong throughout pregnancy + beyond. But, as with everything I create, this is a truly holistic pregnancy service based upon The FIT Movement’s 4 integrated elements of flex, move, nourish + restore, which form the foundations of all of the FIT Movement programs.
The FIT Mama Pregnancy Exercise Class includes:
- A structured workout, including functional exercises, to build and maintain your strength and fitness with an active birth in mind. You work at a pace right for you
- Simple release + mobilisation techniques to help you relieve those aches + tension hotspots that you can also practise at home whenever you need them
- Protocols that help you develop an optimally integrated + functioning core + pelvic floor during pregnancy (it’ll also help set up your rehab post-birth!)
- Optimal nutrition strategies to get you match fit for motherhood – learn what’s needed to keep your body in top form
Looking for specific help with back pain, postural changes, abdominal separation + pelvic issues? Please click here for further information.
Each class is for 60 minutes and you’ll work at your own pace.
A typical class will include::
- A gentle, but thorough, warm-up with mobilisation exercises so that you’re ready to exercise
- A combination of low-impact cardio + resistance training exercises to strengthen your body
- Incorporation of appropriate abdominal + pelvic floor work for those essential muscles (For a specific class to prepare your pelvis for birth, please click here)
- A thorough cool down to finish
- Time at the end to relax alongside the other mums-to-be
Please also refer to the FAQs at the bottom of this page.
How do I sign up?
Classes run during term time in pre-paid blocks for each half term. (If you wish to join us part-way through, we can pro-rata how many weeks are left in that particular half-term block, assuming there are spaces. If that’s the case, please let me know here).
To reserve your spot, please scroll down below and from the dropdown menu to select the dates you’d like to attend. You’ll then be taken through to the checkout.
Once you’ve made payment, you’ll be directed to the online pre-screening health questionnaire to complete to ensure that this program is right for you. This must be submitted before you attend the first class. Note: if you have previously submitted your pre-screening health questionnaire, you can skip this part.
I will then confirm your space by email, and we’ll arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss by phone your online pre-screening questionnaire responses so that I can tailor the class to your specific needs.
The next half-term block runs Tues 30 Oct – Tues 18 Dec. If the class is showing as sold out, please add yourself to the waiting list here as spaces do become available during the course of the half term as clients have their babies.
FIT Mamas Pregnancy class is a lovely exercise class in a relaxed environment. Work at your level and meet other mums-to-be. I always had a good night sleep after these classes which is difficult in the third trimester!Sarah
From 14 weeks pregnant to 5 days before I gave birth, I went along to Wendy’s classes. I always looked forward to them and felt great afterwards. Wendy ensured they were well planned and varied. They were a fantastic way to keep fit during pregnancy and meet some lovely people.Grace
Is this service right for me?
Need some help to decide if this program is right for you? Schedule your complimentary 15-minute call.
Each class is capped so we can give you the attention you deserve.
Classes run during term time and take place at 6.30pm – 7.30pm Tuesday at The Barefoot Physio Clinic, 15 Bartholomew Street East, Exeter, EX4 3BG
Click here for location map.
Remember: each class is capped, so please ensure that you reserve your spot in good time.
Checkout cart showing sold out? Please click here and we’ll let you know once spaces become available so that you’re the first to know!
Can’t make the start date? Contact me to see if there are available spaces and, if so, we’ll pro rata your first block of sessions.
When can I join?
You are welcome to join the class from your second trimester and after scan, subject to completion of the online pre-screening health questionnaire.
What do I need to wear?
You will need a good fitting sports bra and well-fitting trainers (a must!).
As mums-to-be often get warm quickly during exercise, you’ll probably want to wear a comfortable t-shirt and either cycling shorts or cropped leggings.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a yoga mat with you if you prefer to use your own mat, as well as water to keep you hydrated during class. You may also wish to bring a healthy snack for afterwards.
What if I have unused sessions due to baby’s arrival?
If you have any unused sessions due to baby’s arrival partway through the booked sessions, you can transfer these (up to a maximum of 3 unused sessions) across to the FIT Mama ‘n’ Buggies Class and these sessions will be deducted when you sign up for your first block of FIT Mamas ‘n’ Buggies sessions – I’ll send you a special link. Please note: these need to be taken within 4 months from baby’s due date.
What if I miss a class? Can I get a refund?
Classes are charged in blocks. Therefore, please note, classes are non-refundable if you miss a session.
I’m trying to book but the checkout cart is saying “out of stock.” What does it mean?
If this is showing, all the spaces in the class are currently booked. Please click here and add you’re details and we’ll let you know once spaces become available so that you’re the first to know!
Got further questions? Please contact Wendy at The FIT Movement here.
Meet Your Instructor
Founder and Director of the FIT Movement, mum of one and always up for a new physical challenge, since 2014 Wendy has dedicated her practice to working with pregnant, postnatal and peri-to-post- menopausal women. The FIT Movement’s purpose is to help women get curious about their health and to learn how to look after their bodies through education, better movement and good nutrition. You can find out more about Wendy here.