Honour your body, grow your baby and learn how to maintain your fitness + strength levels in a way that supports YOU
Are you worried about working out safely during your pregnancy?
You’re used to being fit – perhaps going to the gym, HIIT training, running, hiking or going to classes – but are finding it harder to keep up with you normally do and know you’re going to have to eventually change it up.
Don’t keep working out like you’re used to. Certain things need to shift and adjust.
You want to be able to keep on going for as long as it feels good… but you’re thinking, “I’m pregnant. Now what do I do?”
Or perhaps you want to get back into exercise so that you know that you’re doing all that you can to get your body fit, strong + ready for your pregnancy journey.
But maybe you…
- Worry about exercising safely. You don’t want to do any lasting, lifelong damage to your core or pelvic floor
- Haven’t a clue about what you can or can’t do. How much is too hard or too long?
- Are unsure about the modifications you’ll need to make to your exercise routine as your body changes these next 9 months
- Want to know if you can still lift weights or what cardio can you do
- Wondering if you should carry on exercising if your energy levels take a dip
- Find pregnancy yoga and aquanatal classes “OK” for relaxation, but you still want to feel that you’ve actually worked those muscles and had a good workout
That’s why I created the FIT Mamas Pregnancy Exercise class.
I’ll help you to enjoy a more active pregnancy + labour preparation. I will teach you how to modify your workouts in a way that maintains your strength and fitness in a way that’s safe. And I’ll support you so that you can continue exercising effectively AND safely through both your second and third trimesters so you can come back quicker.
Led by an experienced, fully qualified pre + postnatal instructor, this is a specialised modern antenatal exercise class for mums-to-be who want to continue exercising throughout pregnancy.
Joining our friendly class will show you how to:
- Exercise correctly + safely during your trimesters
- Maintain good strength, fitness + energy levels as part of a healthy pregnancy
- Stay active to cope with the physical demands of labour
- Maintain a healthy weight during your pregnancy
- Lessen + manage the symptoms that can arise in pregnancy, such as lower back pain
- Reduce the risk of gestational diabetes
- Improve your sleep quality
- Meet other mums-to-be to make friends so that you’re part of a supportive community both now + when baby arrives
How is the FIT Mama Pregnancy Exercise Class different?
This class is designed to give you everything you need to keep fit + strong throughout pregnancy + beyond. But, as with everything I create, this is a truly holistic pregnancy service based upon The FIT Movement’s 4 integrated elements of flex, move, nourish + restore, which form the foundations of all of the FIT Movement programs.
The FIT Mama Pregnancy Exercise Class includes:
- A structured workout, including functional exercises, to build and maintain your strength and fitness with an active birth in mind. You work at a pace right for you
- Simple release + mobilisation techniques to help you relieve those aches + tension hotspots that you can also practise at home whenever you need them
- Protocols that help you develop an optimally integrated + functioning core + pelvic floor during pregnancy (it’ll also help set up your rehab post-birth!)
- Access to the FIT Movement Academy pregnancy course and exercise library
Looking for specific help with back pain, postural changes, abdominal separation + pelvic issues? Please click here for further information.
Each class is for 60 minutes and you’ll work at your own pace.
A typical class will include::
- A gentle, but thorough, warm-up with mobilisation exercises so that you’re ready to exercise
- A combination of low-impact cardio + resistance training exercises to strengthen your body
- Incorporation of appropriate abdominal + pelvic floor work for those essential muscles
- A thorough cool down to finish
Please also refer to the FAQs at the bottom of this page. This includes whether there are any contraindications to you joining this class.
How do I sign up?
Online lasses run 6.30pm Tuesdays during term time.
Four-week class passes and single sessions are available. Please note: each class is capped so we can give you the attention you deserve.
Use the “Book Now” button below to go through to make your purchase via our online booking system.
Once you’ve made payment, you’ll see the online pre-screening health questionnaire within our booking system that you need to complete to ensure that this class is right for you. This must be submitted before you attend the first class – no exceptions. Note: if you have previously submitted your pre-screening health questionnaire and there’s no change in your health since, you can skip this part.
I will then confirm your space by email, and we’ll arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss by phone your online pre-screening questionnaire responses so that I can tailor the class to your specific needs.
FIT Mamas Pregnancy class is a lovely exercise class in a relaxed environment. Work at your level and meet other mums-to-be. I always had a good night sleep after these classes which is difficult in the third trimester!Sarah
From 14 weeks pregnant to 5 days before I gave birth, I went along to Wendy’s classes. I always looked forward to them and felt great afterwards. Wendy ensured they were well planned and varied. They were a fantastic way to keep fit during pregnancy and meet some lovely people.Grace
The FIT Mama Pregnancy Exercise Class is great for keeping in shape during pregnancy and building strength to prepare your body for labour and beyond! Looking forward to joining the Mamas 'n' Buggies class.
Wendy is great and each session is planned to be different, with a variety of exercises, so no boring routines! The hour flies by.CharlotteFirst-time mum-to-be
The larger I grew, the fewer activities I could continue to do - so I was in need of finding a way to keep active in a safe way. I found pregnancy yoga classes weren't enough, and that was when I was recommended Wendy. I was hesitant as I prefer to be active outdoors, rather than attend gym type classes so I was unsure how enjoyable I'd find it (and so would I attend all the sessions). I am so glad I joined Wendy's pregnancy exercise classes. Not only was I feeling the joy of working my body and feeling physically tired in the knowledge that what I was doing was safe - but Wendy prepares fun classes (each one is different) and I'd also look forward to it socially too. Wendy is incredibly attentive to each individual's specific needs, tailoring exercises as necessary. I'm now looking forward to joining Wendy's postnatal classes.LucyFIT Mama-to-be
Remember: each class is capped, so please ensure that you reserve your spot in good time.
Checkout cart showing sold out? Please click here and we’ll let you know once spaces become available so that you’re the first to know!
This class requires a general level of fitness. If you are in the last trimester and have not exercised much during pregnancy then this class may be unsuitable. In this instance working with me 1:1 may be more appropriate. Please click here for details. It may then be possible to then join the class at a later date or continue working with me 1:1.
Due to the energy and time that goes into creating The FIT Movement community and making sure that everyone is taken care of, we do not offer taster sessions. We hope you’ll enjoy spending time with us and become part of the FIT Movement. However, there is no obligation for you to renew beyond your initial commitment. If you want to know what other women think about our classes, please check out the testimonials on our website and Facebook page.
You are welcome to join the class from your second trimester and after scan, subject to completion of the online pre-screening health questionnaire.
This class will not be suitable for you if you have any of the following conditions as exercise in pregnancy is contraindicated for you:
- Significant heart disease
- Restrictive lung disease
- Incompetent cervix
- Placenta preavia /placenta partially covering the cervix
- Multiple gestation at risk of premature labour
- Persistent spotting / bleeding
- Risk of premature labour
- Ruptured membranes
- Uncontrolled Type 1 diabetes or gestational diabetes
- Evidence of intrauterine growth restriction in your current pregnancy
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension or pre-eclampsia
- Severe anaemia
Please refer back to your healthcare provider for further medical advice.
You will need a good fitting sports bra and well-fitting trainers (a must!).
As mums-to-be often get warm quickly during exercise, you’ll probably want to wear a comfortable t-shirt and either cycling shorts or cropped leggings.
If you have it, please bring weights (eg dumbbells or what you have available) and/ or a resistance band. If you are working out on a hard surface, a mat is also advisable. If you don’t have any kit, we will suggest alternatives for those on the live class. Please also bring water with you.
If you have any unused sessions due to baby’s arrival partway through the booked sessions, you can transfer these (up to a maximum of 3 unused sessions) across to the FIT Mamas Postnatal Class and these sessions will be deducted when you sign up for your first block of FIT Mamas Postnatal sessions – I’ll send you a special link.
Please note: these need to be taken within 4 months from baby’s due date.
Classes are non-refundable. However, if you are going to miss a session, you will receive a replay of the class to catch-up.
If this is showing, all the spaces in the class are currently booked. Please click here and add you’re details and we’ll let you know once spaces become available so that you’re the first to know!
Got further questions? Please contact Wendy at The FIT Movement here.
Meet Your Instructor
Founder and Director of the FIT Movement, mum of one and always up for a new physical challenge, since 2014 Wendy has dedicated her practice to working with pregnant, postnatal and peri-to-post- menopausal women. The FIT Movement’s purpose is to help women get curious about their health and to learn how to look after their bodies through education, better movement and good nutrition. You can find out more about Wendy here.