The 6-week foundation program to start your postnatal recovery journey
With all the AMAZING changes that your body’s experienced these past 9 months, you might also be feeling unsure what exercise is appropriate for where you’re at, together with what you should or shouldn’t do.
Some of the thoughts you might be having right now are:
- How do I set about restoring my core and pelvic floor?
- How do I work with my postnatal body to bounce back?
- How do I get myself back to pre-pregnancy fitness levels so I can get back to the sports I love?
- How will I do this when I’m so busy and tired right now?
And more importantly, where to begin so that you don’t just “go for it” (even though you possibly could). You want to avoid having to live with the lifelong consequences of too much, too soon – you know, those postnatal “delights” of unresolved abdominal separation, sneezy pees, unintentional leakage “down there” when you exercise or organ prolapse. Some of these things only really ever show up on full colour decades down the line.
What if you spent the first few (short) weeks getting some truly solid rehabilitation groundwork in place as a new mum from which you can continue to build up your strength and fitness to help you get back to what you love?
Enter the FIT Mama Core Recovery program that will get your postnatal body stronger from the inside out
Just. Like. That.
- Being able to restore your abdominal muscles + pelvic floor so that you are not having to worry so much about accidental small leaks when you laugh or cough
- Getting your strength + fitness back in a safe way so that you feel confident you’re doing all you can to support your postnatal body so that you can ultimately get back to doing the sports you love (such as running, rowing, weight training)
- Being able to pick your little one without permanent backache or wondering if you’re damaging yourself
- Having more energy to better look after yourself and your family – raising babies is a demanding job
- Knowing what nutritious meals you can prepare quickly to aid your postnatal healing
- Being encouraged to take some time for restorative work (you’ve got permission!)
- And me at your side to support you and make the process a lot easier (yes, please!)
Notice that I haven’t said a thing about getting the baby weight off and you back into your old pre-baby clothes?
Although that’ll come, that’s not the overriding focus of this program. If it’s important to you, then of course it’s important. But for now the focus is on postnatal recovery and healing – and to do this, we’re building a stronger mama – from the inside out.
Who is this program for?
This program is for you if:
- You’ve recently birthed your baby (whether vaginally or c-section) + want to improve your core connection + pelvic floor condition, as well as address those back, hip, knee + shoulder aches
- You birthed your baby some time ago, but didn’t properly address your postnatal rehab at the time
- You wish to heal your diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- You want to improve your “mum tum” but realise it’s going to require something different to abdominal “crunch” exercises and calorie restriction to achieve this
- You experience urinary incontinence, such as sneezy pees, leak a little when laughing or running, or experience escaping wind at often the most embarrassing times + want to be confident about social situations
- You want to learn how to heal and protect your postnatal body not just now, but also for the longer term
Stop wondering if heel slides and “squeeze + release” pelvic floor exercises are THE WAY to “close the gap” on abdominal separation and strengthen your pelvic floor… or whether you need to count or restrict calories to shift your “mum tum.”
This program will probably open your eyes as to all the things your postnatal recovery actually does need to include to get the job done.
Over the course of 6 weeks you’ll be:
- Reconnecting with your core + pelvic floor (hello again!)
- Building strength the smart way from the inside out
- Learning how to breath optimally
- Getting your body better aligned
- Improving those functional movement patterns (such as squat, lunge, lift – in fact, all those things you’re probably already doing in everyday life, BUT BETTER)
- Alleviating those aches and pains + begin toning
… all designed to set you up for a positive postnatal healing journey.
Plus, you’ll also learn about postnatal nutrition in order to optimise your results the easier way.
And…you’ll also reduce your risk of injury for when you’re ready to ramp up your fitness levels.
Wondering how this works?
Enrol in our FIT Mama Core Recovery program and here’s what you get.
- Personalised assessment of where you are in terms of postnatal healing. We’ll also consider your physical + emotional wellbeing as these are equally important to consider
- 6 x 60 minute weekly sessions that are designed to build upon your postnatal recovery week on week
- Short, safe, effective home workout program in between our sessions to enhance your results
- Suggested quick-prepare meal ideas to help nourish your body and postnatal healing. (I mean, who really has hours to spare whipping up wholesome meals. Wouldn’t you rather be doing something else?)
- Weekly emails to keep you on track and our private Facebook group to inspire and support you, so if you hit a sticky patch we’ll help you get unstuck in a flash.
- Videos of the exercises we do in class and other resources you can use at home.
- Most importantly, an experienced postnatal coach to train you the right way so that you can get back to the things you love.
To ensure the best results for you, you’ll be expected to allow 15-20 minutes every day for the exercises, as well as look at ways to include the other learnings shared each week into your lifestyle so that over time they become habit.
Are you ready to:
- Restore your core + pelvic floor properly that you minimise injury + support your postnatal rehab, not hamper it?
- Feel empowered that you’re building up your postnatal strength + fitness in a safe + confident way?
- Be stronger + fitter to improve your wellbeing?
- Be more energised to help meet any of life’s little challenges that come your way?
- Give yourself the healthiest start to your postnatal recovery?
How do I sign up?
To reserve your spot, please click the button below to join.
Once you’ve made payment, you’ll be directed to the online pre-screening health questionnaire to complete to ensure that this program is right for you. This must be submitted before you attend your first class.
I will then confirm your space by email, and we’ll arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss by phone your online pre-screening questionnaire responses so that I can tailor the class to your specific needs.
Please note: This program is suitable for the conservative management of abdominal separation + pelvic floor dysfunction. Therefore, if I do not consider that this program is a good fit for you, I will explain my reasons and provide you with a full refund and seek to direct you further.
Classes run every half term. We offer this program at 2 different times: Tuesdays at 11.00am – 12.00pm and Thursdays at 11.00am – 12.00pm.
Investment in your health: £127
Note: To ensure you receive the best care and attention, each class is capped at 4 participants. Babies welcome.
The next Tuesday program runs Tues 23rd April – 21st May inclusive. At this is a 5-week half-term, instead of the usual 6, I have extended each session to run from 11.00am-12.15pm.
The next Thursday program runs Thurs 25th April to Thurs 23rd May inclusive. At this is a 5-week half-term, instead of the usual 6, I have extended each session to run from 11.00am-12.15pm.
Would you like additional support while on the course?
Book a 1:1 appointment. Please note: only 1 appointment per course.
30-minute 1:1 appointment
60-minute 1:1 appointment
Is this service right for me?
Book your free 15-minute discovery call to see if the FIT New Mama Postnatal Recovery program is the right postnatal support for you.
Courses run each half term. There are two course dates to choose from.
The next Tuesday program runs 11.00 am-12.15pm Tues 23 April – Tues 21st May inclusive.
The next Thursday program runs 11.00am – 12.15 pm Thurs 25 April – Thurs 23rd May inclusive.
Both courses take place in The Barefoot Physio Clinic, 15 Bartholomew Street East, Exeter, EX4 3BG.
When can I start?
You can start as soon as you’ve been cleared for exercise by your healthcare provider (usually your G.P. or midwife), typically around the 6-8 weeks postnatal period. This is subject to completion of our online pre-screening health questionnaire.
I don’t have time
I understand. I truly do, having been there myself. You’re a busy, new mum with a gazillion things to take care of and your tired on top. But, prioritising time for your own your self-care is important. When you have time for yourself, feel energised and ready to take on the day, you feel much stronger when it comes to taking care of those that need you most. These programs aren’t intended to leave you drained. They’re designed with you in mind and your current level of healing and fitness levels. All that’s required is you give each session your best effort on the day.
Will it work?
Good question. Results will depend on your individual circumstances. I will use my skill and experience to support you throughout, but I cannot do the work for you. Your results will depend on your genetics, starting point, how consistently you follow the program and your nutrition intake.
Can I bring my baby?
Yes, of course. Please note, baby remains mum’s responsibility and under mum’s supervision throughout the class.
What if I miss a session? Can I get a refund?
As this is a 6-week program, please note, sessions are non-refundable if you miss one. However, you will be sent any materials from the session.
Have further questions? Contact me and I’ll happily answer them for you.
Meet Your Instructor
Founder and Director of the FIT Movement, mum of one and always up for a new physical challenge, since 2014 Wendy has dedicated her practice to working with pregnant, postnatal and peri-to-post- menopausal women. The FIT Movement’s purpose is to help women get curious about their health and to learn how to look after their bodies through education, good movement and nutrition. You can find out more about Wendy here.