Now that your little one’s finally arrived, you might be feeling that now’s the time to ease back into exercise.
With all the AMAZING changes that your body’s experienced these past 9 months, you might also be feeling unsure what exercise is appropriate for where you’re at, together with what you should or shouldn’t do.
Some of the thoughts you might be having right now are:
- How do I work with my postnatal body to bounce back?
- How do I get myself back to pre-pregnancy fitness levels?
- How will I do this when I’m so busy and tired right?
And more importantly, where to begin so that you don’t just “go for it” (even though you possibly could). You want to avoid having to live with the lifelong consequences of too much, too soon – you know, those postnatal “delights” of unresolved abdominal separation, sneezy pees, unintentional leakage “down there” when you exercise or organ prolapse. Some of these things only really ever show up on full colour decades down the line.
What if you spent the first few (short) weeks getting some truly solid rehabilitation groundwork in place as a new mum from which you can continue to build up your strength and fitness to help you get back to what you love?
Enter the FIT Mama 3-step program that will get your postnatal body stronger from the inside out
Just. Like. That.
Step 1 – FIT Mama Postnatal Recovery– when you’re returning to exercise and seeking to heal your core + pelvic floor, and to get some more movement into your life – OR – if you had your baby some time ago, but your core needs some TLC.
Step 2 – FIT Mama Build Your Strength + Fitness – suitable if you’ve already completed Step 1 – OR – if your core’s already rehabbed.
Step 3 – FIT Mama Advanced– suitable for women who’ve completed Step 2.
- Getting your strength + fitness back in a safe way so that you feel confident you’re doing all you can to support your postnatal body
- Not having to worry so much about laughing or coughing without a sneezy pee
- Being able to pick your little one without permanent backache or wondering if you’re damaging yourself
- Having more energy to better look after yourself and your family – raising babies is a demanding job
- Knowing what nutritious meals you can prepare quickly to aid your postnatal healing
- Being encouraged to take some time for restorative work (you’ve got permission!)
- And me at your side to support you and make the process a lot easier (yes, please!)
Notice that I haven’t said a thing about getting the baby weight off and you back into your old pre-baby clothes?
Although that’ll come, that’s not the overriding focus of this program. If it’s important to you, then of course it’s important. But for now the focus is on postnatal recovery and healing and to do this, we’re building you strong mama – from the inside out.
Step One – FIT Mama Postnatal Recovery
Stop wondering if heel slides and “squeeze + release” pelvic floor exercises are THE WAY to “close the gap” on abdominal separation and strengthen your pelvic floor.
This 6-week program will probably open your eyes as to all the things your postnatal recovery actually does need to include to get the job done.
In Step 1, you’ll be reconnecting with your core + pelvic floor, learning how to breath optimally, getting your body better aligned, improving those functional movement patterns (such as squat, lunge, lift – in fact, all those things you’re probably already doing in everyday life, BUT BETTER), alleviating those aches and pains + begin toning – all designed to set you up for a positive postnatal healing journey.
Follow this step and you’ll also reduce your risk of injury when you’re ready to ramp up your fitness levels.
Step 2 – FIT Mama Build Your Strength + Fitness
When you’re ready to move on to building upon your strength and fitness, this is where step 2 comes in. (Alternatively, if your postnatal core is already healed as you had baby some time ago, you can start here too).
We’ll take the core strength that you’ve developed and use that to progress your strength + fitness. Over the next 6 weeks we’ll add in more loaded movement using a variety of exercise equipment, again all at a level individual to you.
Step 3 – FIT Mama Advanced
Once you’ve completed Step 2, our final 6-week program will see you progress to increased load and intensity, as well as more complex movement patterns. We’ll also amp up your fitness levels, again all at a pace and level to suit you.
You can continue to repeat further cycles of this 6-week step as many times as you wish to progress further.
Wondering How This Works?
Enrol in any of our FIT Mama programs, and here’s what you get.
Each 6-week program includes:
- Personalised assessment – a complete assessment of where you are in terms of postnatal healing. We’ll also consider your physical + emotional wellbeing, plus nutritional needs (equally important), so I can understand what you need support with most
- 5 weekly sessions that are designed to build upon your postnatal recovery week on week
- Short, safe, effective home workout program in between our sessions to enhance your results
- Suggested quick-prepare meal ideas to help nourish your body and postnatal healing. (I mean, who really has hours to spare whipping up wholesome meals. Wouldn’t you rather be doing something else?)
- A weekly 15-minute laser session by Skype / phone if you hit a sticky patch and need help to get unstuck in a flash.
- Most importantly, an experienced postnatal coach to train you the right way so that you can get back to the things you love.
Investment in your health: £288 per 6-week program (payment plan is available).
Upgrade: Add in a second weekly session for £518 (saving you 10% off the regular price) to keep you further accountable + boost your results.
Note: To ensure you get the best care and attention, I only work with 5 private clients at any one time. Please contact me first to check my availability first to work with you.
Are You Ready To:
- Restore your core + pelvic floor properly that you minimise injury + support your postnatal rehab, not hamper it
- Feel empowered that you’re building up your postnatal strength + fitness in a safe + confident way
- Be stronger + fitter to improve your wellbeing
- Be more energised to help meet any of life’s little challenges that come your way
- Give yourself the healthiest start to your postnatal recovery
To book your 6-week program
One session per week
Two sessions per week
(saving you 10% off the regular price)
What happens next?
Once you’ve made payment, you’ll be directed to the online pre-screening health questionnaire to complete to ensure that this program is right for you. This must be submitted before your first session.
I will then confirm your space by email, and we’ll arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss by phone your online pre-screening questionnaire responses so that I can tailor the program to your specific needs.
Is this service right for me?
Book your complimentary 15-minute discovery call to see if the FIT Mama 1:1 Program is the right postnatal support for you.
When can I start?
You can start as soon as you’ve been cleared for exercise by your healthcare provider (usually your G.P. or midwife), typically around the 6-8 weeks postnatal period. This is subject to completion of our online pre-screening health questionnaire.
How long do I have to use the sessions?
You have one month from the date of purchase to begin your program.
You’ll get the best results if you can commit to a weekly session. However, things do crop up, so you have an 8-week “flex” period in which to use the personalised assessment and all 5 sessions so you can skip a week or two if you need to.
What if I need to cancel a session?
We ask for 24 hours notice of any cancellation and will look to re-book your missed session at a mutually convenient time as soon as possible. If less than 24 hours notice is given, we suggest you treat it as one of your “flex” weeks so that you don’t forfeit the session (see above).
I don’t have time
I understand. I truly do, having been there myself. You’re a busy, new mum with a gazillion things to take care of and your tired on top. But, prioritising time for your own your self-care is important. When you have time for yourself, feel energised and ready to take on the day, you feel much stronger when it comes to taking care of those that need you most. These programs aren’t intended to leave you drained. They’re designed with you in mind and your current level of healing and fitness levels. All that’s required is you give each session your best effort on the day.
Will it work?
Good question. Results will depend on your individual circumstances. I will use my skill and experience to devise your program and support you throughout, but I cannot do the work for you. Your results will depend on your genetics, starting point, how consistently you follow the program and your nutrition intake.
What do I need to wear?
You will need a good fitting sports bra and well-fitting trainers (a must!).
Depending on the weather, and whether we train indoors or outdoors, you’ll probably want to wear a comfortable t-shirt and either cycling shorts or cropped leggings, plus a top layer that can be removed as you warm up.
What areas do you cover?
I work with clients in my home studio in Teignmouth and at the Barefoot Physio Clinic in central Exeter. Alternatively, if you’re in Teignmouth, Shaldon, Bishopsteignton or Dawlish, it may be possible to book a home visit by separate arrangement.
Have further questions? Contact me and I’ll happily answer them for you.
Appointments take place at The Barefoot Physio Clinic, 15 Bartholomew Street East, Exeter, EX4 3BG and The FIT Movement Studio in Teignmouth.
Meet Your Instructor
Founder and Director of the FIT Movement, mum of one and always up for a new physical challenge, since 2014 Wendy has dedicated her practice to working with pregnant, postnatal and peri-to-post- menopausal women. The FIT Movement’s purpose is to help women get curious about their health and to learn how to look after their bodies through education, good movement and nutrition. You can find out more about Wendy here.