Why join the FIT Pregnancy Exercise Class?
Whether you’re already active, or perhaps new to exercise, your pregnancy is an ideal time to focus on adopting a more healthy lifestyle for you + your baby.
When you’re preparing for motherhood, you want to ensure that you’re doing all that you can to get your body fit, strong + ready for the exciting journey ahead.
Led by an experienced, fully qualified pre + postnatal instructor, our FIT Mama Pregnancy Exercise Class is a specialised modern antenatal exercise class for mums-to-be wishing to exercise safely + effectively for an active pregnancy + labour preparation.
Joining our friendly class can help you:
- Maintain good fitness + energy levels as part of a healthy pregnancy
- Stay active to cope with the physical demands of labour
- Maintain a healthy weight during your pregnancy
- Reduce the risk of gestational diabetes
- Improve your sleep quality
- Meet other mums-to-be to make friends so that you’re part of a supportive community both now + when baby arrives
How is the FIT Mama Pregnancy Exercise Class different?
As with everything we create, this is a truly holistic pregnancy class to serve expectant mums in Exeter. It’s based upon The FIT Movement’s 4 integrated elements of flex, move, nourish + restore, which form the foundations of all of our programs.
The FIT Mama Pregnancy Exercise Class includes:
- Simple release + mobilisation techniques to help you relieve those aches + tension hotspots that you can also practise at homeGentle but effective functional exercises that mirror your everyday movements to get you fitter + stronger with an active birth in mind
- Protocols that help you develop an optimally integrated + functioning core + pelvic floor during pregnancy + beyond
- Optimal nutrition strategies to get you match fit for motherhood
Looking for specific help with back pain, postural changes, abdominal separation + pelvic issues? Please click here for further information.
Each class is for 60 minutes and you’ll work at your own pace.
A typical class will include::
- A gentle, but thorough, warm-up with mobilisation exercises so that you’re ready to exercise
- A combination of basic low-impact cardio, resistance training + toning exercises to strengthen your body
- Incorporation of appropriate abdominal + pelvic floor work for those essential muscles (For a specific pelvic floor class, please click here)
- A thorough cool down to finish
- Time at the end to relax alongside the other mums-to-be
Please also refer to the FAQs at the bottom of this page.
How do I sign up?
Please contact me about individual prices.
Once you’ve made payment, you’ll be directed to the online pre-screening health questionnaire to complete to ensure that this program is right for you. This must be submitted before your first session.
I will then confirm your space by email, and we’ll arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss by phone your online pre-screening questionnaire responses so that I can tailor the program to your specific needs.
FIT Mamas Pregnancy class is a lovely exercise class in a relaxed environment. Work at your level and meet other mums-to-be. I always had a good night sleep after these classes which is difficult in the third trimester!Sarah
Is this service right for me?
Need some help to decide if this program is right for you? Schedule your complimentary 15-minute appointment.
When can I join?
You are welcome to join the class after your first scan, subject to completion of the online pre-screening health questionnaire.
What do I need to wear?
You will need a good fitting sports bra and well-fitting trainers (a must!).
As mums-to-be often get warm quickly during exercise, you’ll probably want to wear a comfortable t-shirt and either cycling shorts or cropped leggings.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a yoga mat with you if you prefer to use your own mat, as well as water to keep you hydrated during class. You may also wish to bring a healthy snack for afterwards.
What if I have unused sessions due to baby’s arrival?
If you have any unused sessions due to baby’s arrival partway through the booked sessions, you can transfer these (up to a maximum of 3 unused sessions) across to the FIT Mama ‘n’ Buggies Class and these sessions will be deducted when you sign up for your first block of FIT Mamas ‘n’ Buggies sessions – I’ll send you a special link. Please note: these need to be taken within 4 months from baby’s due date.
What if I miss a class? Can I get a refund?
Classes are charged in blocks. Therefore, please note, classes are non-refundable if you miss a session.
I’m trying to book but the checkout cart is saying “out of stock.” What does it mean?
If this is showing, all the spaces in the class are currently booked. Please click here and add you’re details and we’ll let you know once spaces become available so that you’re the first to know!
Got further questions? Please contact Wendy at The FIT Movement here.
Appointments take place at The Barefoot Physio Clinic, 15 Bartholomew Street East, Exeter, EX4 3BG and The FIT Movement Studio in Teignmouth.
Meet Your Instructor
Founder and Director of the FIT Movement, mum of one and always up for a new physical challenge, since 2014 Wendy has dedicated her practice to working with pregnant, postnatal and peri-to-post- menopausal women. The FIT Movement’s purpose is to help women get curious about their health and to learn how to look after their bodies through education, good movement and nutrition. You can find out more about Wendy here.